Hip Flexor Warm-Up Exercise
How to do the exaggerated lunge hip flexor warm-up exercise to decrease knee and hip pain before Olympic Weightlifting!
- Improve Hip Extension
- Strengthen Hip Extended Positioning
- Hip Extension (Hip Flexors)
How To Do The Exaggerated Lunge Stretch
- While keeping your hips square, place one foot on a raised surface (12-20 inches high) in front of you and the other behind you.
- Keep your front foot pointed forward and slightly internally rotate your back foot as you extend your leg behind you.
- Keep your torso vertical, core braced and tension on your rear glute as you bend your front knee to initiate the stretch.
- When you feel the tension in your hip flexor, hold that position.
- To increase the stretch you can flex your glute to further press your hips forward or flex and extend your posterior knee slightly to find other tense positions to hold.
View our Complete Warm-Up Guide for more!
Learn how to decrease pain, improve performance and prevent injury with mobility exercises specific to your workout!
Be ready for any workout in 15 minutes or less!