Rear Delt Shoulder Stretch
How to do the best back of the shoulder, rear delt stretch to decrease shoulder pain, fast! Simple at-home mobility stretching exercise to improve flexibility!
- Improve Scapular Function
- Increase Shoulder Range of Motion
- Scapular Protraction (Rhomboids, Trapezius)
- To start the rear delt shoulder stretch, grab a band, or stable object, anchored at shoulder height with one hand.
- Turn inward so that your arm begins to wrap around your body and walk sideways away from the place of pull until your scapula begins to be pulled forward.
- Move through different ranges while maintaining tension to find different tight spots.
- To increase the shoulder stretch, move farther away from the anchor point or reach your opposite hand across the front side of your body.
Get our Mobility Warm-Up Guide for more!
Learn how to decrease pain, improve performance and prevent injury with mobility exercises specific to your workout!
Be ready for any workout in 15 minutes or less!