How to do planks properly, with perfect form and technique! The best bodyweight ab exercise for a strong core and abdominals!
- Build Core Stabilization
- Increase Core Strength
- Abdominal Complex (Abs, Transverse Abdominis, Obliques, Spinal Erectors)
- Glutes (Hips)
How To Do A Plank
- Place your forearms on the ground so that your elbows are shoulder width.
- Set one foot behind you so that your leg is fully extended and your body forms a straight line from your head to heels. Flex your glutes and brace your core.
- To start the plank, set your other foot behind you so that you are touching the ground with only your forearms and balls of your feet.
- Keep a neutral spine, core braced and glutes flexed while pulling your elbows down towards your feet.
- Hold your body stable for time while breathing normally.
- For weighted planks, simply place a weight on your mid-back.
Join the Mathias Method Army for updates and more great content like this!