How to do bodyweight dips properly, with perfect form and technique! The best triceps exercise to build bigger and stronger arms!
- Builds Triceps Strength and Muscle Mass
- Improves Shoulder Mobility
- Triceps (Arms)
- Anterior Deltoids (Shoulders)
- Pectoralis Major (Chest)
How To Do Bodyweight Dips Properly
- Begin by standing on a raised surface about one foot behind where your hands will be placed on the dip bars, or so that your feet will not hit anything when dipping down.
- Grasp the dip bars with neutral wrists and squeeze hard onto the bars to maintain tightness.
- Before raising yourself to the starting position, create an external rotation torque on the bars (attempt to twist thumbs out) to pull your shoulder blades back into place and make your elbows point behind you.
- Begin by raising your body so that your arms are locked while supporting your entire weight in a vertical position.
- Brace your core and push your feet out in front of you throughout the entire movement while leaning forward slightly creating a bend at the hips. Your feet should stay directly under you as you do the movement.
- While keeping your shoulders pulled back and elbows close to your sides, bend your arms until they reach 90 degrees of flexion or you feel a stretch in your shoulder girdle.
- While keeping your body tight and feet pressed out in front, forcefully press yourself up to the starting position.
- Always maintain tightness and keep your elbows in line with the dip bars.
Learn how to move properly to build strength, decrease pain, prevent injury, and get fit, at home or in the gym!
Great for men, women, and children of all strength levels!
Join the Mathias Method Army for updates and more great content like this!