Bulgarian Split Squat
How to do Bulgarian split squats properly, with perfect form and technique! The best single-leg exercise to build strong quads, glutes and hamstrings!
- Build Hip-Knee-Ankle Stability
- Increase Leg Hypertrophy
- Teach Single Leg Squatting Mechanics
- Increase Hip Flexor Mobility
- Quadriceps (Legs)
- Hamstring Complex (Legs)
- Glutes (Hips)
How To Do Bulgarian Split Squats Properly
- Start by standing erect and placing the ball of one foot on a raised surface (6-12 inches) behind you.
- While maintaining a vertical torso, hips square and your glutes activated, dip your raised knee down until you feel a stretch in your anterior thigh, or reach 90 degrees of knee flexion in your front leg.
- Hold this position for two seconds before flexing back to the start position.
- To increase the stretch further, raise the surface higher or put your front foot out in front farther.
- Do not let your front knee go over your toes at any point.
Join the Mathias Method Army for updates and more great content like this!