How to do barbell rows properly, with perfect form and technique! Build muscle with the best lat exercise for a big strong back!
- Build Pulling Strength
- Increase Back Hypertrophy (size)
- Latimus Dorsi (Back)
- Spinal Erectors (Back)
- Biceps Brachii (Arms)
How To Do Barbell Rows Properly
- Deadlift a loaded barbell while using a double overhand grip in the same place as your bench press grip.
- Maintaining a neutral spine as you lean forward while bending your knees slightly so that the barbell hovers over the ground and your back is almost parallel to the ground.
- Allow your shoulders to hang slightly forward and elbows to turn out.
- From here, simultaneously raise your torso slightly as you pull your elbows back behind your body.
- Rotate your elbows so that they point backward as you pull and squeeze your shoulder blades together behind you. Think of bringing the bar into your stomach.
- Control the weight as you lower it back to the starting position, allowing your elbows to flair and shoulders to be pulled slightly forward.
- This is the complete barbell row exercise.
Everything you need to know about the Deadlift!
Includes a 12 Week Deadlift Program, Workouts, common Squat mistakes and how to fix them, and so much more in this nearly 100-page master guide!
Join the Mathias Method Army for updates and more great content like this!