Incline Bench Press
- Build Upper Body Strength
- Increase Upper Body Hypertrophy
- Triceps (Arms)
- Anterior Deltoids (Shoulders)
- Pectoralis Major (Chest)
How To Incline Bench Press Properly
- Lay flat against an incline press rack with your feet placed in a stable position, out in front of you, and grip the bar firmly with your bench press grip.
- From this position reset your body on the bench by raising your chest as high as you can while keeping your shoulders tucked down towards your back pockets, and hips in contact with the bench.
- While maintaining full body tightness and an external rotation torque on the bar, lift the bar only slightly over the hooks and pull it out until it is over your shoulders. (Note: It is best to do this with a partner handing you the bar to maintain a proper shoulder position. Do not round your shoulders forward).
- Initiate the downward motion by pulling the bar down into your chest, with your elbows tucked in slightly towards your sides, engaging your lats.
- Touch the bar on your upper chest, where your elbows are directly under the bar and range from a 30-45 degree angle from your sides.
- Press the bar up and back over your shoulders, where the lift began, as you slightly flare your elbows out.
Everything you need to know about building a BIG Bench!
Includes a 12 Week Bench Press Program, Workouts, common Bench Press mistakes and how to fix them, and so much more in this nearly 100-page master guide!
Join the Mathias Method Army for updates and more great content like this!