Dumbbell Military Press
- Teach Overhead Pressing Mechanics
- Build Overhead Pressing Strength and Stability
- Triceps (Arms)
- Deltoids (Shoulders)
- Trapezius (Upper Back)
How To Dumbbell Military Press Properly
- Stand erect while holding two dumbbells in a neutral position (palms facing towards each other) just above your shoulders.
- Flex your glutes hard and brace your core throughout the movement to maintain a neutral spine.
- While braced, press the dumbbells straight up overhead while flaring your elbows so that they point outward and the dumbbells rotate in line with each other.
- Control the descent as you pull your elbows back in front of your shoulders, rotating the dumbbells back into the starting position. This mimics the Barbell Military Press mechanics.
- Keep your elbows under the dumbbells throughout the lift and maintain a neutral head position.
Everything you need to know about building a BIG Bench!
Includes a 12 Week Bench Press Program, Workouts, common Bench Press mistakes and how to fix them, and so much more in this nearly 100-page master guide!
Join the Mathias Method Army for updates and more great content like this!