- Build Hip-Knee-Ankle Stability
- Increase Leg Hypertrophy
- Teach Single Leg Squatting Mechanics
- Quadriceps (Legs)
- Hamstring Complex (Legs)
- Glutes (Hips)
How To Do Walking Lunges Properly
- Standing erect, take one large step forward and plant your foot with toes straight ahead.
- Grasp the floor with your lead foot and press the ball of your posterior foot back into the ground behind you.
- While maintaining these two points of contact with the ground, brace your core, keep your hips square and torso vertical as you descend straight down into a lunge.
- Stop just before your posterior knee touches the floor and pause briefly before ascending.
- As you ascend, pull your lead heel into the ground to pull yourself up and forward while extending both knees and taking another large step forward, to repeat the movement.
- If your knee goes past your toes then your step was too short or you leaned too far forward.
- To increase the intensity, hold two dumbbells to your sides.
Everything you need to know about the King of All Exercises!
Includes a 12 Week Squat Program, Workouts, common Squat mistakes and how to fix them, and so much more in this nearly 100-page master guide!
Join the Mathias Method Army for updates and more great content like this!