Bulgarian Split Squat
- Build Hip-Knee-Ankle Stability
- Increase Leg Hypertrophy
- Teach Single Leg Squatting Mechanics
- Increase Hip Flexor Mobility
- Quadriceps (Legs)
- Hamstring Complex (Legs)
- Glutes (Hips)
How To Do Bulgarian Split Squats
- Start by standing erect and placing the ball of one foot on a raised surface (6-12 inches) behind you.
- While maintaining a vertical torso, hips square and your glutes activated, dip your raised knee down until you feel a stretch in your anterior thigh, or reach 90 degrees of knee flexion in your front leg.
- Hold this position for two seconds before flexing back to the start position.
- To increase the stretch further, raise the surface higher or put your front foot out in front farther.
- Do not let your front knee go over your toes at any point.
Learn how to move properly to build strength, decrease pain, prevent injury, and get fit, at home or in the gym!
Great for men, women, and children of all strength levels!
Join the Mathias Method Army for updates and more great content like this!