- Build Pulling Strength
- Increase Shoulder Integrity
- Improve Posture
- Biceps Brachii (Arms)
- Latimus Dorsi (Back)
How To Do A Chin-Up
- Grasp a pull-up bar inside shoulder width, with your palms facing inward and thumbs wrapped.
- Brace your core and press your feet out in front of you slightly with straight legs. Initiate the pull by creating a rotation torque on the bar (twisting your hands as if you were to point your thumbs towards your face) and pulling your elbows back and down.
- Finish with your head higher than your hands before reversing the motion under control, until your head is pushed through between your arms.
- Keep your feet out in front of you the entire time.
Learn how to move properly to build strength, decrease pain, prevent injury, and get fit, at home or in the gym!
Great for men, women, and children of all strength levels!
Join the Mathias Method Army for updates and more great content like this!