Hanging Leg Raises
- Increase Abdominal Strength
- Increase Abdominal Hypertrophy
- Rectus Abdominis (Abs)
How To Do Hanging Leg Raises
- Grasp a pull-up bar or stable object high enough so that your feet do not touch the ground when fully extended. Use a double overhand, shoulder width or wider, grip.
- Before hanging from the bar, create an external rotation (twist thumbs towards your eyes) torque on the bar to put your shoulders in a more safe position. Keep this torque throughout the exercise.
- Begin hanging from the bar with your legs fully extended and pushed slightly in front of your body.
- While keeping your torso relatively vertical, raise your legs as high as you can while curling your hips towards your chest.
- Slowly control the descent and avoid swinging between repetitions.
Join the Mathias Method Army for updates and more great content like this!