- Build Pulling Strength
- Increase Back Hypertrophy (size)
- Latimus Dorsi (Back)
- Spinal Erectors (Back)
- Biceps Brachii (Arms)
How To Do Barbell Rows
- Deadlift a loaded barbell while using a double overhand grip in the same place as your bench press grip.
- Maintaining a neutral spine as you lean forward while bending your knees slightly so that the barbell hovers over the ground and your back is almost parallel to the ground.
- Allow your shoulders to hang slightly forward and elbows to turn out.
- From here, simultaneously raise your torso slightly as you pull your elbows back behind your body.
- Rotate your elbows so that they point backward as you pull and squeeze your shoulder blades together behind you. Think of bringing the bar into your stomach.
- Control the weight as you lower it back to the starting position, allowing your elbows to flair and shoulders to be pulled slightly forward.
Everything you need to know about the Deadlift!
Includes a 12 Week Deadlift Program, Workouts, common Squat mistakes and how to fix them, and so much more in this nearly 100-page master guide!
Join the Mathias Method Army for updates and more great content like this!